We believe our people are our most important asset. Therefore, we make safety training our top priority. Our employees are given the necessary education and tools not only to keep themselves safe, but also to ensure the safety of all people at our job sites.
The Associated General Contractors of Georgia (AGC) have recognized eight of our superintendents for three consecutive years with a certificate of commendation for safety excellence. In 2016, AGC awarded one of our employees, John Topper, the prestigious Ron Amerson Safety Award. This award recognizes general contractors and specialty contractor member field supervisors for outstanding contributions to safety on their job sites. John had the most supervised man hours, just under 10,000, with no lost time accidents. He was also the first supervisor to win this award outside of the Atlanta area.
Our rigorous safety program not only provides new employee training and continuing education, it also tracks and records accidents along with near miss accidents. This data allows us to stay focused on the ultimate goal of bringing all of our people home safe every day.
SAFETY PROGRAM ELEMENTS
• Two full-time safety officers
• All new employees must complete a safety training and orientation class
• OSHA 10-Hour Training
• OSHA 30-Hour Training
• MSHA Training
• Aerial Lift Training
• Forklift Training
• Drug Free Workplace Program
• Job Site Audits
• Daily Job Site Safety Analysis Briefing
• Weekly Job Site Safety Training by Superintendents
• First Aid/CPR/AED Training
• Confined Space Training
• Competent Person Training
• Lock Out/Tag Out
• ARC Flash Safety
• Fall Protection
• Substation Awareness Safety
• Four-Year Apprentice to Journeyman Program
• Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Class